• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate PSE 14 on 'third' device but adobe account says no devices are activated.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much what it says in the subject. I have a dl version of adobe Photoshop Elements 14. (I do not have a subscription neither do I want one. I got the dl version of photoshop exactly for this reason.) I'm perfectly content with it. One of the installations is on an old computer that I threw out something like 5 years ago but I never bothered to deactivate the device because I didn't really have any reason to until now.

I changed computers a while ago and now I can't install PS on this one because it tells me maximum of devices reached. I thought I would just take a look at my account and deactivate the old devices, but to my grand surprise it says I have no activated devices. But when I start photoshop it still says it can't activate because maximum devices have been reached.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this, or get me an e-mail address to the helpdesk? This site is useless for direct contact with support. I own no smartphone (personal choice) so the call app probs won't work. Windows 10 x64 in case you need to know. Installation was okay and I can open it and work in it just fine. It appears I can't save anything I make though (I'm guessing it's because of the failed activation).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You cannot see activations in your account for perpetual licenses - only subscriptions.

2. Two is indeed the limit

3. You can only release an activation if the machine is still running

4. You have to contact Adobe 

5. Adobe do not have support by email

6. Adobe Will Not contact you, but scammers will. Be very careful. They want your money and worse. 
7. go to the support page to get phone details or use the chat, while signed on as the user who registered the software (important). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem, here's how I solved it today:
1) Since chat or email support is not provided to non-subscribers, you must call Adobe. Find your local number on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

2) After some time (5-10 min) I got to speak to a representative. I asked to "reset all my activations" and they knew what to do. They asked for my email address to find my account. They fixed it in about a minute.

3) While still in the call, they asked that I tried to activate to confirm. It worked immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Since chat or email support is not provided to non-subscribers, you must call Adobe.

By @sulfobus

There is no email support, most of the time it's the best way to be caught by scammers!

However, chat works and is indeed recommended.

If the help employee you reach by phone or chat does not deactivate your licenses, you must insist that you don't need help or support, only deactivate. Sometimes it's necessary to ask to be transferred to a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines