• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete video from disk in Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video in Elements 2018 Organizer that I am trying to delete. Right click on the video, select "Delete from Catalog...". In the confirm pop up, select "Also delete selected item(s) from the hard disk", click "OK". Getting error message that "One or more files in the selection are read only or locked and could not be deleted from the hard disk". If I go find the same file in Windows Explorer and try deleting it, get error that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Elements 2018 Organizer". If I close the Organizer, I can delete from the Windows Explorer fine. So the Elements Organizer locks the file and then complains about the file being locked. It is on Windows 10. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed?  I'm having the same issue right now as well.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP writes:

"If I close the Organizer, I can delete from the Windows Explorer fine."

So, if you can delete like this, you only have to find misssing files in the catalog and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a very convenient process. Is there really no better options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alkinoos22004659ef3t, in my experience, this problem only occurs if the file is open in the Editor or if the file is undergoing media analysis e.g. face recognition.  Once media analysis has been completed on the file, there should be no problem in deleting it, both from the catalog and from the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines