• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download my older version of photoshop elements on new laptop: "Install needs to be updated"

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old version of Photoshop Elements 15 on a CD that I bought several years ago.  (I know, I know -- it's old -- but it still works just fine for me and I don't have any reason to pay for a brand new version of Elements when I already have this perfectly good version I paid for before).  I recently got a new laptop which doesn't have a CD drive, (and I am having problems getting my external CD drive to work with this new laptop for some reason), so I went to the forums and was directed to go here, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html, to download it.  Fortunately it looks like I had registered my copy of Photoshop Elements to the Adobe website when I bought it, so the serial number was saved there.  I selected Photoshop Elements 15 for Mac and downloaded it, which seemed to work fine.  But when I try to open the installer that downloaded, it says this: "'Install' needs to be updated.  The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS.  Contact the ceveloper for more information."  So it sounds like it's not necessarily a problem with this older version of Elements not working on the new laptop (that's yet to be seen), it's the installer that's not working.  Any chance anyone knows a workaround so I can keep using the version I already have?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

What OS is on your new laptop?   Elements 15 will simply not work on any of the most recent Mac OS versions.  It probably will not work on Big Sur or anything later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS is on your new laptop?   Elements 15 will simply not work on any of the most recent Mac OS versions.  It probably will not work on Big Sur or anything later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darn, I was afraid of that.  It was working just fine on my older laptop which was running macOS Mojave.  But the new laptop has Big Sur.  That stinks.  Well, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines