• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import /connect my phone

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this before with no helpful answer so let me ask again - I have a Samsung Android phone with pictures, when i attach my phone to my laptop and try to import, my phone is not recognised. Why is this and how can I get PSE to link to my phone?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your previous conversation:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/android-phone-not-detected-in-import-issue-photosh...

I think it's a Windows issue. I have the same S8 smartphone and I generally avoid to connect it via a cable and I prefer to transfer my photos via Dropbox (or via Google Photos for my wife's phone).

One of the reasons for that choice was that when the Phone was connected via the cable, the downloader automatically started to import files;  that took so long that I always had to abort the process. I discovered later that  the downloader tried to import many thousands of files from the camera or from the card where my photos are stored by default. (Incidentally, that explained why some users managed to import duplicates).

I had to do searches in the Microsoft help to find how to disable the 'Autoplay' function from the control panel. Once I had configured that function to 'do nothing', I was able to browse the contents of the phone and the card normally and to import selectively 'from files and folders' to avoid 'from camera or card reader' in which case all the phone was scanned before importing (much too long).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines