Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Photoshop Elements 2021.

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements 2021.

Went to the link for download. Downloaded and saved to my PC. - Had to download 7-zip to unpack though. Entered my redemption code. There is now a Photoshop folder. Nothing out of the ordinary until now.

But, usually I hit an install or set up icon or a program icon and get started. - No such thing.

The nearest thing I come to an installer/setup is buried deep down in a folder called: Launch Services. A file called: com.adobe.acc.installer which is a .v2 file.

Is that the one?

And do I really have to download and pay for another app to open a program I have paid good money for?

Or have I suddenly become a clown in regards to computers?

I have never encountered this kind of problem before, so please help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where did you buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from?

What you are describing is not the normal way to download and install Photoshop Elements.

Also, the com.adobe.acc.installer.v2 is a Mac file and not a Windows 10 file, so it sounds like you have downloaded the Mac installer and not the Windows installer - that's why you had to use 7-Zip to open the DMG file 🙂

Look at this web page for instructions on how to download and install Photoshop Elements from the Adobe website:

Download and install Photoshop Elements

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advise.

I bought it in an large electronics store. So there should be no issues regarding it not being a legit purchase.

I'll follow your advise and download again. May have chosen the wrong link.

Or perhaps the seller gave me the wrong program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines