• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Photoshop Elements 11 after CCleaner added updates to my Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had CCleaner clean unnecessary files and update programs and now I cannot easily access my Elements 11 program and it will not automatically open images as it did before.  Two program files are on my ACER computer program menu, one just says 'PROGRAM FILES', the other is titled 'PROGRAM FILES (X86)' where the Adobe file is found.  I can open Elements 11 from that file and then open the image files, but I cannot open the images directly nor do the ELEMENTS 11 shortcuts open ELEMENTS 11.  What can I do to activate the shortcuts and link images to my ELEMENTS 11 program?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Go to C drive>Program Files (x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11.0 

Right click on this and in the contextual menu select Send to deskton(create shortcut.)

In order to open a picture file in PSE directly, right click on the file, and in the contextual menu  go to open with Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

Hope that this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C drive>Program Files (x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11.0 

Right click on this and in the contextual menu select Send to deskton(create shortcut.)

In order to open a picture file in PSE directly, right click on the file, and in the contextual menu  go to open with Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

Hope that this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Before I got your reply, I ended up uninstalling, then reinstalling, Photoshop Elements 11, and that worked. But I'd prefer not to do it that way and will keep in mind your helpful instructions for the next time...and I'm sure there will be a 'next time.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two program files are on my ACER computer program menu, one just says 'PROGRAM FILES', the other is titled 'PROGRAM FILES (X86)'
"program files"= 64 bit programs
Program files (x86)= 32 bit programs

Look at them, but leave the contents of thsoe two directories alone with one exception:  the exe files that actually start programs.  You would copy their location when creating new shortcuts, to use in desk desktop icons you create.  You could never ever look in either directory and be just fine.

My copy of PSE 10 is a 32bit program- it's main program files are found in the Program Files(x86) folder becouase that is where 32 bit program get installed.

2024-05-25_080759.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.  It's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines