• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open RAW files from Olympus OM1

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I have just bought an Olympus OM1 and Photoshop Elements 2021 will not open RAW files.

I get a box informing me to get the latest Camera RAW update installed via Help > Updates...

When I open the Help box, 'Updates' is greyed out.

Advice please.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can follow the directions on this page to update camera raw:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new camera requires ACR 14.2.  If you follow precisely the directions found here, you will be able to update your ACR version to the latest 14.5. 

The instructions are not entirely clear, but you should copy all files in the CC\File Formats\ directory to the Elements 19\File Formats\ directory.

I also recommend that before you copy and paste the files from CC to the Elements version 19 (Elements 2021) folder, rename the existing Camera Raw.8bi file to ~Camera Raw.8bi (original).  Make sure to include the tilde (~) at the beginning of the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines