• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at all the verified correct answers all over the web.

MacOS Sonora.  New (refurbished) intel iMac.  Clean install of Elements 2023.  Adobe RAW 14.5

Unistalled, reinstalled, downloaded RAW installer and ran that seperately...  Nothing.

Try to open a RAW file and no image or buttons/sliders are displayed.  The values that some of the sliders are set at are visible.

I cannot downgrade to a previous OS.  If this isn't working for me because of my OS, it will very soon not work for a lot of people.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried installing Photoshop and Lightroom which uses RAW 15.5    No luck.  Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - MacOS Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that one of the macOS Sonoma previews/betas?

Apple>About This Mac

The actual retail macOS Sonoma isn't due until tomorrow September 26, 2023, so you would have to test on the retail release of Sonoma since Apple has been known to change stuff between the preview/beta and retail maOS operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model and year is the iMac?

You should be able to go back to mac OS Ventura or Monterey although it's not as easy as it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You should be able to go back to mac OS Ventura or Monterey..."

That's currently disabled. Might be a different story tomorrow when Sonoma is released but I still think many people who upgrade (did I say "upgrade"?) will be having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No regular users like us can say for sure whether pse 2023 works on the actual retail version of macOS Sonoma until 9/26/2023.

So if you do install the actual retail version of macOS Sonoma do let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not, I didn't find out I was enrolled in the Public Beta until I got a Mac that was capable of running the latest OS.  It's a tale of woe but I'm hoping I can eventually roll back to Monterey when (if?) the Beta releases me from its talons.  I did at least let Apple know about RAW issue.

Otherwise, there are no other tricks anyone knows of to get RAW back?  Hard to fathom such a basic necessity could be so easily broken... in the industry standard photo editing application.  It works in Affinity and one other I have tried.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey cool it works now.  Very thankful.  Still a little bummed that something so vital is so tenuous but I'm glad it's back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that.

Photoshop elements 2023 is working here as well on macOS Sonoma 14.0 running on a 2022 Mac Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines