• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open RW2 files!

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took pictures with my new camera Panasonic DMC-FZ2000. Now I cannot open a rw2 file in Photoshop elements 8. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Photoshop elements 8.

By @gerhardp81567675

You are trying to use a very old version of PSE to open files from a very new camera. I've moved your post from Photoshop to the Photoshop Elements forum for you.

Try Ged's advice to convert to DNG.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera model is a bit old, but still a great camera.  It requires adobe camera raw 9.8, at a minimum.   I understand people liking their older versions of PSE, they often find it "good enough and works well for me", however, you now will have to use the dng converter to ableto use the raw format images.   Yes I know you have RW2 images, I will just call them raw. 

Older versions of  PSE are limited in a number of ways when compared to the latest version:   Less guided edits, and it's limited to only using 2GB of ram- the program can only "see" 2 GB of ram regardless of what you have installed on your computer.   It's also just a 32 bit program.

If you have windows 10 or windows 11 you can try PSE 2024 for free for 30 days- I really think it's time you seriously consider getting the latest version.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines