• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print from Photoshop Elements, tries to "save as pdf"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the longest time, I've been unable to print from Photoshop Elements. Every time I try to print any file that is open in Photoshop, regardless of the printer I have selected, once I hit the print button, a "save file as" dialog opens up.

The only workaround I've found is to save the project as any kind of file and open in it in any other software and then I can print. This is supremely unhelpful when I'm trying to print using my sublimation printer and need Photoshop to manage the colors.

I do not have "print to file" or any similar type box checked, so I know it isn't that. I'm beyond annoyed  at this point. Is there a solution?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the longest time, I've been unable to print from Photoshop Elements. Every time I try to print any file that is open in Photoshop, regardless of the printer I have selected, once I hit the print button, a "save file as" dialog opens up.

The only workaround I've found is to save the project as any kind of file and open in it in any other software and then I can print. This is supremely unhelpful when I'm trying to print using my sublimation printer  and need Photoshop to manage the colors.

I do not have "print to file" or any similar type box checked, so I know it isn't that. I'm beyond annoyed  at this point. Is there a solution?

By @empressg1973

You can print and save as it through Photoshop software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to "save as". I'm wanting to print from within Photoshop. I had this capability before but I do not have it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, and reinstall your main printer driver.   Once you that update the printer driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix:

1) Delete all appdata/local and appdata/roaming for Photoshop

2) Clear all temp files

3) Restart computer

It had nothing to do with printer drivers since in another user profile it worked correctly without changing any printer drivers/settings. There is apparently some kind of bug in Photoshop that has latched onto a state and once everything was cleared out and re-initialized, it functioned properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines