• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save to JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to PSE 2022 from 2016 Now I can't save to JPEG  This option doesn't appear in the drop down box  All the other formats do (PNG.PIXAR  etc) It is 8 bit and I tried checking the save as copy box  I also re downloaded and reinstalled the program  I use windows XP  TIA

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-000140.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows XP

I assume that's not a typo?

You've really managed to get PSE 2022 installed and running on Windows XP (2001-2008 vintage)? As @Walter_H points out, it's officially only supported on Win 7 and Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was amistake  I use windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense intended but that seems hard to believe right now. Because some of P.E.'s features also come from the underlying operating system. Not all, but many.

(edit):

We can easily resolve this though: within Photoshop Elements go to: Help => System info. Share the text there.

But even if you are using Windows XP... let's try to actually help you out here: maybe IrfanView could be of use to you?  I know for a fact that some older versions still work on XP and that it supports the JPEG format through its own libraries. So you should be able to convert your graphics either way.

While I don't recommend using XP at this time... I can somewhat understand where you're coming from. Hope this could help you out a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It is 8 bit". What is 8 bit? It sounds like you are using a file format for which JPEG is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stanley,

Can you post a screenshot of the photoshop elements workspace including the layers panel and image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines