• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see text when typing & editing on Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 19.0

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased APE 2021 on July 22. After communicating with Adobe Care, I uninstalled then reinstalled the program, but defect still exists. I can't see the mistakes I make when I'm typing. Editing gives me the same hassle; I can't see what I'm editing either. Image 1 below shows the line before typing. Image 2 shows the line after typing. The text is not visible. The background is white & the text is black. Image 3 shows the text only after clicking the check mark. Image 5 shows the grayed out update button. Due to this malfunction, I can't update APE 2021. I updated Windows 10, but it didn't fix the problem. Does anybody have the same problem with APE 2021 version? You me email me at 

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

if you'd like to see a video of the defect.

Image 1

1.png

Image 2

2.png

Image 3

3.png

Image 4

4.png

Image 5

5.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since misery loves company, all I can tell you is that you are not alone.  Several users have reported this problem in the past couple of weeks.  So, I suspect it is something like a Windows update that has created the issue.  I have made Adobe aware of the issue, and I expect that it is being looked into.  Here is another thread where the issue is being discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

I disabled my Windows update after I bought my new computer. I like to manually do the updates. APE 2021 was installed later on and I had not since updated my Windows 10. After discovering the APE issue, I tried to update the app, but its update button is grayed out. Accordingly, this is grayed out if there is no update. I have no idea. I updated Windows 10 after that hoping that it will resolve the issue, but the problem exists. I actually contacted Adobe and they remotely accessed my system twice. They can't fix it. The last one to access it told me that she's going to escalate it to the BOSS. Right now, I'm waiting for the update. I also had to uninstall and reinstall the software twice upon urging of the Adobe rep while she waited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines