• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you download more animated overlays/elements?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you download more animated overlays/elements?  Or there isn't anymore for elements?  Thanks

TOPICS
Creative , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

You get all that are available for this feature. If you have a little skill and some patience, it is not too difficult to make your own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

You cannot use an mp4 video file as an overlay in Photoshop Elements, but you may be able to do so in Premiere Elements, if the file has an alpha (transparency) channel.  (The Elements animated overlays can also be saved as mp4 files.)  As I have already indicated, an animated overlay consists of a series of frames (video) or layers (gif).  Each frame or layer has a subject, such as falling snow or leaves or bursting fireworks.   This subject has a transparent background through which the underl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get all that are available for this feature. If you have a little skill and some patience, it is not too difficult to make your own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i may ask how do you make your own what software do you need  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . and just to make sure I didn't misunderstand your question, for those overlays that have a "blue ribbon" in the corner, you need to double-click on them to download the overlay for use on your computer.

Snap_2022.12.07_11h48m17s_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I knew of those that came with the software I just thought there might be more to buy.  I have an app on my phone that has more animated overlays than Elements does.  Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael350452272mzc, an animated overlay results in an animated gif which can be made in Photoshop Elements using layers with transparencies.  Here is an example of a gif I made in Elements:

Adam's-Birthday-Adam-Animated-2.gif

And here is a screenshot of the file that was used to create it with about 20 layers.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, January 29, 2024_19h48m16s.png

Once the layers have been created, you use the File>Save for Web dialog to create the animated gif file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply  as a very big novice  with photoshop software  iam at a loss here  i am just used to useing simple gif software  but thank you   michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tryed downloading some anamiated overlays only to find thery are mp4 files but can not load them into elements due to no parser what ever that is   no idea did a web search on more information on it with no luck i went looking for some software to make them but again no luck then i tryed looking to see what folder the overlays in the program are loaded not luck  as i was looking to see what type of files they are  any help information is much appericated   thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use an mp4 video file as an overlay in Photoshop Elements, but you may be able to do so in Premiere Elements, if the file has an alpha (transparency) channel.  (The Elements animated overlays can also be saved as mp4 files.)  As I have already indicated, an animated overlay consists of a series of frames (video) or layers (gif).  Each frame or layer has a subject, such as falling snow or leaves or bursting fireworks.   This subject has a transparent background through which the underlying image shows through.  Each frame or layer changes the position of the subject, and when they are displayed in quick succession, they have the appearance of movement or animation.  Here is a screenshot of the Elements blue butterfly overlay on a white background.  It comprises over 100 layers.

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, January 30, 2024_11h33m35s.png

Each layer, originally starts with the background image and another layer sitting over it on a transparent layer.  The two layers are then flattened or combined.  A new set of layers is then created, using the background image and the transparent ovelay - with the overlay moved or changed e.g. the autumn leaf drops down and/or turns.  This second set of layers is then flattened or combined.  And so on and so on . . . .

I don't know what else to tell you without you being more specific as to what you want to do or create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you will study the message and try to workouthow to do this as a chalange again thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nou can not as i have premier elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i use photoshop to make the layes  i have just made an mp4 file of transperent image  all put together in photoshop cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again if i may ask what is ment by it will not copy due to no parser in the mp4  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael350452272mzc said:  can i use photoshop to make the layes i have just made an mp4 file of transperent image all put together in photoshop cs6

Are you asking about Photoshop CC (or CS6) or Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements?  If you want to attach the mp4 file to your post or upload it to a sharing site if it is too large to attach here, I may be able to answer your question.  If you are attaching an MP4 file here, you should zip it first.

And a parsing error generally means that the file format is not supported by the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines