• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you use Photoshop Elements with Lightroom CC: (the cloud version)

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using Lightroom CC (the cloud version, where all my pics are stored online - not Lightroom CC Classic).

Sometimes I need a pixel editor. The full photoshop, that you can use with Lightroom, is overkill for me and not worth the added subscription money.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Photoshop Elements with Lightroom CC?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Hi Peter,

I think photos in Lightroom CC can only be directly edited in Photoshop CC using the "Edit in Photoshop..." menu option.

If you want to use Photoshop Elements as your external editor, you will need to Export the photo, edit it in Photoshop Elements, then Add it back into Lightroom CC.  You could then create a Stack containing both the original photo and the edited version.

You might want to double-check this by asking in the Lightroom CC Support Community (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/bd-p/lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I think photos in Lightroom CC can only be directly edited in Photoshop CC using the "Edit in Photoshop..." menu option.

If you want to use Photoshop Elements as your external editor, you will need to Export the photo, edit it in Photoshop Elements, then Add it back into Lightroom CC.  You could then create a Stack containing both the original photo and the edited version.

You might want to double-check this by asking in the Lightroom CC Support Community (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/bd-p/lightroom). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I feared Phil. Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines