• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot de-activate Elements 13 from computers no longer in service.

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Adobe Photoshop Elements 13. The last computer I had it on, a Surface Pro3 was deemed not repairable by Asurion. Under the plan I have, it was replaced with a Surface Pro5. Of course, I never got the Surface Pro3 back and my copy of Elements 13 was on that as well as on another computer which was replaced quite some time back.

I was provided a link by Adobe in order to de-activate all prior instances of the program so that I can re-install it on my new system. This is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.ug.html

The page does not list Elements 13. But I did get this on the page: "We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number or Adobe ID handy, and then contact us." I did just thatprovided the program name, serial number and my e-mail. I was never asked for my Adobe ID, most likely because I was already in the system in order to communicate with support.

The other way to de-activate all prior computers is by opening the program itself, clicking help and then clicking on either "Help-Sign out" or "Help-Deactivate".

-or-

If the computer on which you installed the product is no longer available (for example you have lost the computer or formatted the hard drive or the hard drive has crashed), you can deactivate your apps from the account management page. Then install the apps on the new computer and follow the onscreen instructions. 

These steps are for other than the Elements 13.

I tried the Help Menu in the program.

I click on "My Account". The program is not listed.

I have tried Adobe Application Manager. At first try, it did not list my Elements 13. I tried again later and now it will not open due to a possible issue with a Firewall. I only have the Microsoft Firewall. Either way, it states that I cannot connect to the Adobe Servers.

This should be a very simple procedure but it seems that Adobe is more interested in upgrading me at cost rather than supporting prior purchases.

My apologies for this being lengthy but I wanted to cover all bases in order to receive a valid response that works. Thank you for your time, consideration and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum, nobody here can help

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines