• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rebuilding my computer after installing a new hard drive.

When I try to reinstall Elements 2020 I get an error that i have to update windows or some Adobe software or my id and pass word do not match.

The error DOES NOT SPECIFY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM beyond that.

I know my ID and pass word are correct because I can log into the website.

Seems Adobe requres Internet Explorer (or so thier troubleshooting link says) to activate.

I though Internet Explorer was not longer suported so maybe that is the probem.

Seems there is NOT OPTION to use a more secure browser.

This is a fresh and current windows 10 build and I have already installed all the available updates for windows.

I have NOT OTHER ADOBE software insalled yet (This was the FIRST program I was reinstalling).

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that Explorer has been replaced with Edge, but Windows internals have anticipated for that.

What is your exact version (home, pro, etc) and build?  You can use 'winver' to find out: press win-r, enter "winver" without quotes and it will mention the version, build and type. Also: from where did you get the installer? Did you use somerhing you kept around or did you download a new copy from the Adobe website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fresh windows install tonight...

All updates run.

Looks like 1909 ... 18363.1139 ..... HOME

I have the ORIGINAL adobe elements 2020 cd and I tried to download from adobe’s website.... both have the same error.

I have Edge and Current build FireFox and Internet Explorer installed.

Tried internet explorer

tried setting the default browser to Edger and firefox

tired removing internet explorer to try and force a more current browser

still same general error

windows OR adobe needs update OR id and pass word do not match

windows shows NOT additional updates available

no other adobe software installed (in fact only other program installed as of now is fire fox to trouble shoot this problem)

my id and pass word work to sign into here so I know that is correct ( I also requested to reset my pass word and got that e-mail ... so I know the id and pass are working)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm convinced that part of your problem could be update related. See, the current Windows version is 2004, this has been available for several months already (we're even close to the next update) so you're not on the latest version. So if the installer complains about updates then this might be related.

Though it does seem strange of course because from a technical perspective there isn't that much difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines