• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open raw file in PSE 2022

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to Photoshop Elements and I cannot open raw (.nef) files. I am shooting my photos with a Nikon D750. I am running Photoshop Elements 2022 20.0 (20220702.Git.dot.b9b2853) x64 on a Windows laptop running Windows 11 Home. The Camera Raw Plugin shows I am running version 14.1.0.993. I get an error message that says; "Photoshop Elements cannot open this file". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling elements twice with the same results. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an older camera that requires ACR 8.1 at a minimum- you may want to cosider installing and older version of camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no reason why ACR 14.1 can't handle your older camera's files.  I just tried a much older camera's files (DX40) and they open perfectly.  Can you attach a sample file here so that we can take a look at it.  (Open a reply and you will have the ability to attach a file rather than insert it into a post).

Snap_2022.08.18_11h23m47s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open the file using the file command "Open" and "Open in Camera Raw". I have attached one of the raw files I am trying to open. Interesting, I get this error message when trying to post the file:

• The attachment's nc june-jul 2022 07-09-2022 26161 .nef content type (image/NEF) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure if ACR was backward compatible- seems like it would make sense to do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . and how are you opening the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Nikon Transfer to get the D750 nefs from your camera to computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did transfer files to my computer using D750 disc.  I have done this before but now, the Elements software says it can not/doesn't recognize the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearly something is happening to the .nef file when you use the Nikon software to import it to your computer.  Perhaps it is incompatible with Windows 11.  (I was able to upload an old nef file to this forum so the fact that you were unable to do so further suggests that your file has been corrupted.)

I suggest that you use the Elements Organizer to import the files to your computer.  You should then be able to edit the raw file in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines