Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see all the Tools on tool Bar in Expert View on Photoshop Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot see several of the Tools (e.g. Text Tool, Crop Tool) at the bottom of the leftTask Bar in Expert View on Photoshop Elements 15

The Task Bar is in  2 column view mode.

Thank you.

Neil

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!!

That did it Greg.  You are the man!!.

Thank you so much.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and nothing happened I still do not have a normal tool bar in the Expert mode.  Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shut down my computer and now I have the tool bar in Expert!  Apparently it needed to reboot!!  Thank you so much!!  This has been very frustrating especially when creating montages!!  Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Photoshop Elements 2022 in Windows 10. I'm trying to get the rectangular marquee tool back and there is no reset available anywhere in the menus. I tried switching to Quick menu and restarting the computer but can't get the options back, on all the tools, they are stuck with the tools chosen and no alternatives. There's miniscule triangles that show fleetingly at the upper right corner of the tools but they disappear, can't be selected/clicked to choose the other tool options. I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall the program as last time I did this I wound up having to buy a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I persisted in searching and finally found on another page unaffiliated with Adobe the instructions for a key combination to bring up the reset option at next launch, which worked (even though it appeared to be for regular Photoshop vs. Elements). It put the menu back to Quick but when I went back to "Expert" the proper tool selection options are restored. 

"Press Ctrl-K (PC) or cmd-K (Mac).

• Click on "Reset Preferences on Quit" in the "General" tab and press OK to confirm.
  • Press OK to close the Preferences window.
  • Restart (Photoshop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines