• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot upgrade Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2021 installed on my MacBook Air (15 months old) and my iMac (11 months old). Both have been running identical Mac OS, currently OS 12.3.1 Monterey.

There have been no problems with PSE 2021 on my MacBook Air.

However, on the iMac I keep getting a message that there’s a new update for Photoshop Elements. When I click on it, I get a message 

“There is no application set to open the URL auphd://updatesapCode=PSE&baseVersion=19.0&platform=osx10-64&skipUpdateInfo=true.”

Safari and Google Chrome can’t open it: “Address is invalid.”.

Adobe Help tells me to Update Adobe Application Manager using the link: 

Mac: https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

But neither Safari nor Google Chrome can open this page.

The only way out is to Force Quit from PSE 2021.

On a Chat with Adobe Help, I was advised to uninstall PSE 2021 and then reinstall it. That didn’t solve the problem.

Then they said that it was a problem with the Mac OS, and wait for an update. Well, there have been updates, and in any case there’s no problem on my MacBook Air.

In the end, I got a message from Adobe that this case is now closed.

I have got the impression that there’s a file missing somewhere in Adobe Preferences on my iMac. If so, how can I get it into place?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from two years ago:

Are you looking in the system library, not the user library? If you click Go on the top menu and choose go to folder it usually takes you to /Library/ and you can follow the path from there. The helper app is usually inside the HDBox folder. Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Desktop Common⁩ ▸ ⁨HDBox⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Glenn.

The folder Adobe Desktop Common is not on my iMac. It is on my MacBook Air, with 19 items inside it, including HDBox.

Can I copy Adobe Desktop Common from the MacBook Air to the iMac, and put it inside Library > Application Support > Adobe, or is that going to cause complications?

I'm wondering why it wasn't on my iMac to start with, and why it wasn't put there when I reinstalled PSE 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines