Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use HP stylus in Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the most recent version of Elements. It works fine with my HP Spectre's mousepad, my usb mouse, and my finger on the touchscreen; the only issue is with using the stylus. Before the most recent update, trying to use my HP Spectre's stylus in the program would make it crash. Post-update it no longer crashes, but most of the program will not respond to the stylus. I can click on the menus at the top (File, Edit, etc) and select options in them without issue. I can also use the scroll bars. I cannot click on anything in the tool bar, click on the canvas, or select any layers; the program doesn't register me clicking on it at all. When I hold the stylus near the screen, I can see the mouse icon (arrow, fill bucket, or what have you) flickering. Is there a fix for this? If not, can this please get fixed in the next update? The whole reason I bought a 2-in-1 laptop like this was to use the stylus to draw, so it's disappointing that I'm having so much trouble. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same or very similar issue.  I am unable to use my HP Stylus with photoshop elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Asus ZenBook and have the same issue. The stylus works in illustrator, but absolutely not in the current update of Photoshop elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stylus for my Lenovo Yoga 930 will draw with the paintbrush tool, but the line shows up in a completely different area of the canvas.  It works fine in all my other programs, including Adobe Reader DC.  Would love to get this working.  I am disappointed since this a tool I use all the time and PS Elements doesn't work on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just returned one stylus because it would not work with PE.  The replacement does not work either.  I invested in a touch screen tablet so I could draw in PE.  Adobe is is a cheap operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines