• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS R10

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open the CR3-Raw files from my new Canon EOS R10 in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 (updated) on MacBookAir, because it says file-format is unknown. But it can open the CR3-Raw files from Canon EOS M50. Can I do anything or have I to wait for an update by Adobe?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual it takes time for raw converters suppliers to code a new version for each new camera model.

You can use the last dngconverter:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

I have not tested, but you could try the following workaround for manual installation in PSE2022 (version 14.4 needed).

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon EOS R10 requires ACR v14.4. The workaround suggested by @MichelBParis should work to update your PSE 2022. I have ACR v14.4 working in my Windows 10 PSE 2022.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers. I've read the instructions and decided to wait for an update. I thought all CR3 files are the same, because the CR3 Raw files of Canon EOS M50 work fine with PSE 2022. I didn't know that you need support for each camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers. I've read the instructions and decided to wait for an update. I thought all CR3 files are the same, because the CR3 Raw files of Canon EOS M50 work fine with PSE 2022. I didn't know that you need support for each camera.

By @Felia123

You are not alone...

However, I would not wait for an update of PSE2022, we are too close to the availability of PSE2023 which we can expect to support ACR 14.4.

So, I would use the DNGconverter to take advantage of your new camera.

That standalone program is not a plugin, it's a batch conversion tool which can batch convert your CR3 files to the universal (non proprietary) raw format DNG. An easy additional step, but free and offering the same quality.

Maybe you can get some help to install manually the 14.4 version following the steps in the Adobe paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your answer. I will definitly install the DNG converter
as I planned to do so anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, did you find out how would be possible to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the link mentioned above, I did the following (on MacOS):

1. Update Camera Raw manually, if it‘s not updated automatically
  2. Navigate to the following folder: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats
  3. Copy the „CameraRaw.plugin“ file from the CC > File Formats folder that is mentioned in the above step.
  4. Navigate to the following folder: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements<Version Number>/File Formats, where the version number stands for the Product Internal Version number. 

Note:

If you're using the Product Release version 2022, then the navigation path will be:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements 20/File Formats
5. Replace the existing „CameraRaw.plugin“ file in the Elements<Version Number> folder with the „CameraRaw.plugin“ file that you had copied in step 3, then you can use even the latest Camera Raw 15.2.

Sorry for answering so late!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Parisa28713829wcd0 said:  i have the same problem, did you find out how would be possible to solve it?

The question of how to use raw files from an EOS R10 has already been provided in this discussion.  Elements 2023 now supports ACR 14.4.  Elements 2022 only updated to Elements 14.1.  However, both can be updated to the latest version of ACR (15.2), using the workaround posted previously.  (See this link.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines