• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

catalina and elements 2020 issues

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to upgrade my mac to catalina, but then I also need a upgrade to photoshop elements 2020 and premiere elements 2020. On the site however I read that there are still compatibility issues. The issues are exactly the same as half a year ago. Is there any progress? If I upgrade to elements 2020, will they offer me any solution afterwards, or will that only be available for users of elements 2021? Anybody knows / understands what is going on?

< I like the program very much, but I have some real questions about the company; it was selling elements 2019, well knowing it would be unusable in less then a year and apparently it's not giving any solution to these clients! They just had to buy a new version. Sorry, but no style at all! Correct me if I am wrong (I hope so), but this is what I can read about it on internet. >

Any advice if I should upgrade right now, or wait some more? (Or look for another program?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the address of the page which mentions the issues which concern you. Adobe do want everyone to upgrade every year, yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx for the response.

I am very sorry, but I cannot give you a particular page. What I mean is if I am searching around, on google, or on this support community, wherever, I can find several items where issues are mentioned (fi when saving a copy, you have to change the name manually, ...). Some posts are probably older ones, but it is not always clear how old. What I really miss is a clear note that these issues are solved, AND that the solution is solved in the latest version (or update) of the program. I simply find more negative posts than positive, and I think this is a pitty.

I am not a frequent user, and I do not want to upgrade every year. 1st: this is too expensive for the use I make. 2nd: I can never learn to work properly with a program, if it changes every 10th time I start it, even if it were minor changes. So please save me from an upgrade every year, however I do not have a problem with updates.

To be clear: I am working on PSE 13 since 2015, and I never had to do 1 UPDATE to keep it working. But I can understand it is not compatible with the newest osx anymore. I just do not want to buy a version which turns unusable next year, or, which turns out to be full of issues which never get solved.

For now, I am just missing the confidence to do a upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released PSE 2020 in October last year and there has been one update in January 2020 mainly concerning Mac users. I would suggest downloading the free trial, installing the update and you can then test the software for 30 days before purchase.

If you are updating to Catalina on a machine where PSE 2019 is already installed there is a possibility it will continue to work. It’s a 64 bit app but the installers are 32 bit. So re-installation or installing on a brand new mac is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx for the clear response, but I still have questions,

Up till now I am working with PSE 13. I only read on google there was some problem concerning PSE 19, but that doesn't count for me. I just do not want te get in the same trouble. And if it was true, I do not like that policy. If I read your answer well, it was only a problem if you installed pse2019, and only then tried to migrate the program to a mac with catalina. Still, I think it was well possible for the company to give a free upgrade only to these people as a solution. But I repeat, it is not for me.

About my questions: I am not very much used to update, upgrade, buy... (on adobe). So I thought when you get a trial, it is not possible to do the upgrade anymore, you have to BUY (which is more expensive). After all, I am working with PSE (13) for 5 years now, I do not need to try it out to know the possibilities of the program. I just want to have a version which is working on my macbook pro after upgrading to catalina.

A second problem I have with trials in general: I can install a trial today, but I do not know if I find the time to try it out tomorrow, or even the next month. In that way I bought adobe premiere elements 13 in 2015, and I only started using it last year (2019). So, I fear I just do not have the time for a real test.

What I do not know, and what I have to decide: 2 possibilities:

1: I first upgrade my mac to catalina. Probably pse 13 will not work anymore. And if I then find out I can not get pse 2020 working properly, I am without pse for who knows how long... (same problem with premiere). And I can not undo the upgrade to catalina.

2: I do first the upgrade to pse 2020 (or the trial). But at that moment I do not know if it will run once I convert to catalina. And after the conversion I cannot turn back, whatever the outcome.

So, this leaves me with 2 questions: 1: Is pse2020 (and adobe premiere elements 2020) presently running fine on catalina? And 2: can I upgrade my pse13 to pse2020 AFTER I converted my machine to catalina (I expect this can give some trouble as at that moment pse13 is not working anymore, and I do not know the exact criteria they are using to give me an upgrade)?

Thanks for helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines