• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog copies backup with seagate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copies like twenty of a sertion time area in my cotalag why does it keep adding copies?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe your problem with more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I have twenty copies of some old pictures that I really don't remember working on? Is there a setting or some kind of catalog copy option with backup?Iam looking at alot of computer memory being used uip by just copies of old pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about copies found in the Organizer.  Or are you talking about copies found on your hard drive.  (The title of your discussion says backup with seagate.)

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

In theory, the Organizer does not allow true copies of files to be included.  Where are these copies located on your hard drive?  In the same folder with different names? Or in automatic backups that you may be creating with other software?

The only time you might regularly see multiple thumbnails in the Organizer is if you have been editing long videos in Premiere Elements and saving your project to the Organizer.  Multiple thumbnails may be created of split scenes.

I can't be of any more help without more information from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I re-read your last post, and I suppose you may be talking about the automatic backup that is created in Elements 2022 (and 2021?).  If that is the case, go to Edit>Preferences>General.  There you will find a dropdown menu where you can control how often an automatic backup is made.  (These automatic backups shouldn't be taking up a lot of storage space.)

Snap_2022.07.05_10h37m50s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines