• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

catalog

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic [not well], Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements 2020.  I also have Bridge.  Several years ago, I started making a catalog in Lightroom.  I found it tedious and did not keep up with it.  Now, I am really feeling a need for a catalog system.  I could use the features in Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, or Bridge.  Lightroom may be the best but it is probably more work.  Bridge and Photoshop Elements Organizer may be simpler.  How should I determine which is best for me?  If I go with Elements Organizer, is there a way to take the catalog with me if I upgrade to a new version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are leaning towards Elements I am going ot move your conversation over to that forum.

I persoanlly don't use PS Elements, I use LrC, but there "MUST" be a way to use a catalog, or whatever it is called, from a previous version of Ps Element in a newer version.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I go with Elements Organizer, is there a way to take the catalog with me if I upgrade to a new version?

Yes, all versions can 'convert' the old catalogs to the newer format.

Note that Lightroom can convert PSE catalogs to its own format, not the other way round. In that case you would have to 'write metadata to files' in LR before importing in PSE. You would recover tags, captions and ratings, but not collections for instance.

As you know, Bridge (which is free to use with PSE) is not based on catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines