• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the workspace color?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, when you want to resize something in a photo and you have it selected, you need to drag the selection handles past the edge of the actual image area into the workspace area (or whatever it's called) -- the gray non-image area surrounding the photo. The problem is, the resize handles and selection marquee are light gray and the workspace background is also light gray, which means the contrast is so poor you can hardly see the resizing handles. If I use the Mac's zoom feature to really zoom in, I can just barely see them, but then, of course, I can't see my whole image.

I checked an older version of Elements (v6) on my older Mac, which I still have, and I noticed that the contrast is much better. So I would like to either change the marquee/resizing handle color or the workspace color for better contrast but I don't see any such option in preferences

In a related issue, I liked in older versions how the workspace disappeared when you closed the last open image, making it much easier to click something on the desktop or another folder. I know you can hide Elements but that adds an extra step. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right click in the area outside the image, you can change the color of the canvas.

cb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines