• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the color of an area

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I collect and catalog pins.  After scanning, I use Photoshop Elements to clean up the pin scans, especially the backgrounds.  I had been using the lasso tool to define an area that I needed to change the color or make the color uniform.  Once the area was defined, I would then fill in the area with the desired color.  This procedure no longer works.  I get an error message: "No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edges will not be visible."  Why did my procedure quit working after more than two years of using it?  Is there a setting somewhere that somehow got changed?  I use an Epson flatbed scanner and have not changed any of the settings when I scan the pins. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

In the Lasso Tool options make sure there is no Feather set before using the Lasso Tool.

You want the Feather set to 0 px (zero)

zer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lasso Tool options make sure there is no Feather set before using the Lasso Tool.

You want the Feather set to 0 px (zero)

zer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
THANK YOU! That worked. My scan cleaning up abilities are back where they
used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines