• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Recently Opened File list in Elements 2019

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I clear or even stop the Elements 2019 Recently Opened File list?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the only way, but you can clear the list by going to the Editor's Preferences>Saving Files dialog and changing the entry for Recent files list contains to 0.   Click OK and the recent files list will be eliminated in both the File Menu and the new Hub.

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.11.21_21h03m39s_003_.png

The problem is that the list will be inactive until you change the preferences back to a positive number.  BUT, if you do this, the recently opened files list will return.  I'm assuming that you can delete the list somewhere in the Windows registry if you don't mind living dangerously.

Added:  The recently used files can be found in the registry at the following location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\17.0\common\settings\Elements MRU

Don't mess with the registry unless you know what you are doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg. I did find that setting. I recently upgraded from Elements 10. Seems like there will be quite a learning curve.

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:02:09 PM CST, Greg_S. <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Clear Recently Opened File list in Elements 2019

created by Greg_S. in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

I don't know if this is the only way, but you can clear the list by going to the Editor's Preferences>Saving Files dialog and changing the entry for Recent files list contains to 0.   Click OK and the recent files list will be eliminated in both the File Menu and the new Hub.

The problem is that the list will be inactive until you change the preferences back to a positive number.  BUT, if you do this, the recently opened files list will return.  I'm assuming that you can delete the list somewhere in the Windows registry if you don't mind living dangerously.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10765982#10765982 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10765982#10765982

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks~ 고맙습니다

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines