• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code 50 keeps popping up during the install of Photoshop Elements 2020?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new package for PSE 2020 and cannot get past an Error code 50 !  It happened on the first installation with the DVD.  I tried downloading the version 2020 from your website and got the same Error code?  I then turned to CCleaner to wipe all past elements of PSE from my computer. 

(I had installed the Trial version of PSE 2020 less than a week ago and it installed fine; which led me to buy it in DVD form from Amazon.com).

I used Task Manager in my Wiindows 10 Pro to try and find the so-called Adobed Installer to which this error code points to.

Help, please.   Lou

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you installing using an Administrator account?  If not, give that a try.  Otherwise, I think you need to use the Adobe CC Cleaner which can be found under Solution 3 on this page.  This cleaner tool also works for Elements.  If you follow the instructions on the linked page for using the CC Cleaner, when you get to step 5, instead of choosing option 3, choose option 1 All.  This should then enter a screen which lists Photoshop Elements 2020.  (It may be identified as Photoshop Elements 18 which is the actual version number for Elements 2020).  Once the cleaning process has completed, reboot your computer and start the installation again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines