• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color photo problem

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screwed up.  When I create a blank file and import a colored photo, it becomes black and white.  How do I fix this so it doesn't happen all the time????  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

In the New File dialog, your Color Mode is probably set to Grayscale.  Change it to RGB Color and that setting should remain sticky and apply to future file creations until you change it again.

Snap_2022.11.27_9h47m40s_001.png

I assume you know that you can change the color photo that turns to black and white by going to the Image>Mode menu:

Snap_2022.11.27_9h53m37s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the New File dialog, your Color Mode is probably set to Grayscale.  Change it to RGB Color and that setting should remain sticky and apply to future file creations until you change it again.

Snap_2022.11.27_9h47m40s_001.png

I assume you know that you can change the color photo that turns to black and white by going to the Image>Mode menu:

Snap_2022.11.27_9h53m37s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The reply I got from Greg solved the problem.  I tried to reply back, but his mail box was full.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Danny27322132498r, your latest post suggests that my mailbox is full. I don't have a mailbox on this forum other than a Private Message box which cannot possibly be full. I am, therefore, concerned that you have been contacted by a scammer (perhaps by Private Message) who either gave you a fake email or you replied via PM to an account that has been banned.  

If you were replying to my forum post via email (in response to a forum notification), and got a full mailbox message, please let us know what happened so that the Adobe forum admins. can investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg -  Well, I thought I was replying to you, since I hit the "reply" button.  You're dealing with a 75 year old fossil here, so it was probably my mistake.  Looking at this further, at the top of the email, it says "noreply".  Perhaps that's where my confiusion lies.  Anyway, you're advice fixed the problem and I'm totally satisfied.  Hopefully this is the place to reply.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines