• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color replacement tool stopped working all of a sudden

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was following a tutorial online and using the color replacement tool on a photograph.  Everything was working fine, I would select the color and then use the dropper + tool and it would change those colors to the selected color.  Then all of a sudden while in the same session still working with the same picture, all I could do was select colors and change nothing.  No matter what I try I can not get it to work again.  I have reloaded the same unedited picture into photoshop again and nothing but selection works.  I can not change any color in the photograph. It basically doesn't work at all.  What is going on with this program??  There are not too many options I can try within photoshop elements 14.  I have found zero relevant help on this subject.

TOPICS
Bug , Creative , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Apologies, that's my bad.

Here is the help guide for for color replacement tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/enhancing.html#replace_colors_in_an_image

Please do try out the reset preferences as suggested by Greg. Let me know the steps you are following and your OS details, in case none of these help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dehskins 

We apologize for the inconvenience you've faced.

I am sharing the help guide for using color picker tool. You can refer to this for more information on tool usage:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/choosing-colors.html#choose_a_color_with_the_eye...

Is it possible for you to please list down the exact steps you did and the attach screenshot of the issue you faced? It would help me understand the issue and assist you resolve it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use the eyedropper tool.  Thank you.  I was referring to the color replacement tool found under "enhance", "color adjustment".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, that's my bad.

Here is the help guide for for color replacement tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/enhancing.html#replace_colors_in_an_image

Please do try out the reset preferences as suggested by Greg. Let me know the steps you are following and your OS details, in case none of these help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines