• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colorizing black and white photo

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop elements 2023 tonight to trial it as I wanted to try the coloring option under enhance. When I try to use it however I get an error that says "Feature download fail. Either the server is currently down or your computer is disconnected from the internet. Check your connection and try again". I have double checked connection, closed and reopened the program, and reset my computer hoping it would fix the issue but still get the same error. Everything else works fine so I'm not sure how to fix the issue. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an effort to provide smaller download files, Adobe has split up several segments of the program for download.  As the message says, the [Adobe] server may have been down when you attempted to download the files necessary for the feature to work.  If you use raw files and try to open one, you will also be prompted to download Adobe Camera Raw. See if that download works.

In previous versions the program download file was one large file.  All I can suggest is to try again tomorrow.  If you are still having problems try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea just spent 5 hours with them and used up almost all my data and they couldn't fix it. They said they didn't know what else to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure whether you have been able to resolve the colorization problem or not, but I just finished a session with a tech from Adobe, one of 4-5 sessions since late December. The solution is rather simple and obvious now that I know what it is. 

The Color Photo module itself has to be initially downloaded from Adobe since it is not integrated in the initial installation of PSE, hence the error code "Feature download fail. Either the server is currently down or your computer is disconnected from the internet. Check your connection and try again".

The problem is an incorrect entry in the Hosts file. With PSE2023 closed the hosts file was deleted and then PSE was restarted. All is working now.

The hosts file in Windows 11 is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. 

The hosts file in WindowsI would recommend moving or renaming the hosts file first just in case this does not resolve the issue for you or it creates another problem, this is unlikely, but better safe than sorry.

I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines