• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my mac book pro to High Sierra. Huge mistake, because now I can not work with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. I never had a problem with iPhoto and really liked it. From the Apple Staff I was told that iPhoto will soon no longer be used. I still have the iPhoto icon in my Application Folder. Can anybody help me, how I can use Photo with Adobe ....?

Many thanks, 

Heidi

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'basically have zero options (other than to find an image editing program that will work on your unsupported OS).

Adobe lists PSE15 to only work/run up to 10.12.  You would have to bump up to pse 2018 to even stand a chance of it working.    

Working with unsupported OS's is going to make things extremely difficult for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I just tried to send you a message and now I can't find it. So here it goes again. 

Thank you so much for your support on this High Sierra debacle. 

I have received a message, that Apple's High Sierra OS is not compatible with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. NOT SO!!  I have played around with my Mac Book Pro and found that I can redirect my photos to the "desktop", and from there drag photos to be worked on into my beloved Photoshop Elements 15. Also, High Sierra did not wipe out "iPhoto Library."  I can move photos from the "Photo Library" to the desktop, and then move them to "iPhoto Library."  Check in the Apps. on your Apple Computer, there should be the iPhoto Library lurking, and ready to be used. (...at least in my laptop I found it there.) Apple is phasing out the old iPhoto Library. Too bad!!! It worked so well with any Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. 

Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, compatibility and unsupported operating system are different.

Elements 15 was tested and supported by Adobe on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan) only. That's compatibility.

Elements 15 may run on OSX 10.13 (High Sierra) but it is not a supported operating system so forum support, or your own research, is all that's available for Elements 15/High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments. For right now, my Mac Book Pro (High Sierra) works with Adobe Photo Shop Elements 15. I will enjoy working with it until it stops. I have another computer where I can work with Adobe 15 with no problems. I will not change the operating system on that one. High Sierra is a disappointment in many ways. Thanks again.

Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since 15 will not work you van only update to the recent version or get another application. 
the current version will only get updates until the next version. Then it's over. So only a couple of months. 
something like affinity photo is cheaper and gets way more updates. For my Mac that became the photo editor of choice 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines