• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer can't find icucnv58.dll and icuuc58.dll

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2021 on Windows 11. When I start up my laptop I get two messages - PhotoShopServer.exe system error The code execution could not proceed because icucnv58.dll was not found.

The second message is the same except it says icuuc58.dll.

The program seems to works fine without them, but it's annoying. How do I fix it? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

same same: Download / extract / put in the same  system32 folder.

https://www.dll-files.com/icudt58.dll.html

• After extracting your zip-file, place the extracted DLL-file in the directory of the program that is requesting the file. Make sure to use a 32bit DLL-file for a 32bit program, and a 64bit DLL-file for a 64bit program. Failure to do so will likely result in a 0xc000007b error.

You do have a new OS, which I don't have..... so my sugesstions are a bit like throwing wads of wet toilet paper aga

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just download it , stick it where it goes, and see what happens:

https://www.dll-files.com/icuuc58.dll.html

ALSO GIVE THIS A TRY:  move that dll to the system32 folder.

This is the location of that in windows 10:  C:\Windows\System32

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I placed it in the System32 folder and in the Adobe->PhotoshopElementsexe folder, and restarted the laptop.

Good news - the icucnv58 and icuuc58 messages are gone.

Bad news - new messsage -   icudt58.dll is now missing             but program is working fine.

Are all these files linked in some way? Could be it an Abode PS Elements and Windows 11 disagreement?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same same: Download / extract / put in the same  system32 folder.

https://www.dll-files.com/icudt58.dll.html

• After extracting your zip-file, place the extracted DLL-file in the directory of the program that is requesting the file. Make sure to use a 32bit DLL-file for a 32bit program, and a 64bit DLL-file for a 64bit program. Failure to do so will likely result in a 0xc000007b error.

You do have a new OS, which I don't have..... so my sugesstions are a bit like throwing wads of wet toilet paper against a wall and seeing if it sticks.

I'm guess this dll will clear things up.

NICE TO KNOW, MAYBE:

A dynamic-link library (DLL) is a module that contains functions and data that can be used by another module (application or DLL).

A DLL can define two kinds of functions: exported and internal. The exported functions are intended to be called by other modules, as well as from within the DLL where they are defined. Internal functions are typically intended to be called only from within the DLL where they are defined. Although a DLL can export data, its data is generally used only by its functions. However, there is nothing to prevent another module from reading or writing that address.

DLLs provide a way to modularize applications so that their functionality can be updated and reused more easily. DLLs also help reduce memory overhead when several applications use the same functionality at the same time, because although each application receives its own copy of the DLL data, the applications share the DLL code.

The Windows application programming interface (API) is implemented as a set of DLLs, so any process that uses the Windows API uses dynamic linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now installed the three .dll files as you suggested and problem appears to be solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found all 3 of those files in the Adobe Acrobat folder with 2022 dates. They were missing from the Adobe Photoshop folder, so I just copied all 3 of them over from Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I downloaded them from the internet last year. Adobe must have
realised the errors and put them in a 2022 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 2022. I installed twice and still got the errors so I started Googling the error and came upon this thread. In other, older threads I found the error as well, so it's been around for a while. I searched my hard drive for the files and they all turned up in Adobe Acrobat, current version, with 2022 dates.  I find it hard to understand why they haven't fixed this. It's such a simple fix too.

I'm glad we're both set and I thank you for opening this issue for me to find. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones in Adobe Acrobat didn't work. They must be 32 bit and my O/S is 64 bit. Followed the links and got the right ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's odd. You'd think that Abobe would offer 64 bit as this is what most
people have. Good to see that you got Elements working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines