• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concert lighting too red or too blue in PE2020

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use the Instant Fix to edit photos in my PE2020.  However, I recently took hundreds of concert photos and the skin tones on most of the photos are entirely too red, while some are entirely too blue.  I can't seem to find a tutorial that tells me how to edit these photos.  I'm not talking about some red blotches, I'm talking entire faces and arms be red or bright pink.  I have tried to follow Guided and Expert instructions, but I am not computer savy at all.  Could anyone suggest a tutorial to help me correct the colors in my photos? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are very difficult images to correct because the color is derived from what I assume was the color of the stage lighting.   Presumably the lighting color was changing constantly and there is almost certainly no quick fix for hundreds of photos. You can try the Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Color for Skin Tone dialog.  All you need do is click somewhere on the skin of the person and adjust the sliders.  Here is an example of what can be done to the first image.

Snap_2021.11.18_01h15m16s_000.png

However, I couldn't get any acceptable results for the other two images.  You might also want to try converting the images to black and white.  Then, if you really want some color, use the Colorize photo tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg S.  I tried your suggestion of making the photo B&W and then colorizing and that was a big improvement over my photos.  Not perfect, but passable.  The colorizing gave me 4 colorized options to choose from, but is there any way to enhance the colorized version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lou216 said:

The colorizing gave me 4 colorized options to choose from, but is there any way to enhance the colorized version?

You need to use the Advanced mode of the Colorize tool.  It can be quite tedious to follow this approach, but it can be done.  So, I converted your first photo to black and white, and the colorize tool mainly colorized the skin.  Going to advanced mode, I could fairly easily colorize the guitars and the shirt of the main subject.

Snap_2021.11.19_16h47m54s_000.png

Here is an article that gives more information about the colorize photos tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines