• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert from Lightroom 6.14 to PSE 2022. Can it be done without losing my LR edits and tags?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR 6.14 (and many versions before) but I want to switch to PSE 2022.  I don't want the monthly/annual subscription of LR.

Can I convert my old LR catalog into PSE 2022 organizer?  I guess I could just reimport the photos but I don't want to lose my LR edits and tagging.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only convert the organizer catalogs to LR, not the other way round.

If you write your metadata to tags in LR before importing in the organizer, you'll recover them. Collections will be translated into albums.

You might install a free 30 days trial version of PSE and install a small LR catalog to test how it works.

EDIT:

You mentioned not only tags, but also edits.

If you have set LR to write the edits in xmp sidecar files, those will be read by the ACR module of Elements. The richer features of LR and the full Photoshop ACR will be also taken into account, even if PSE can't change/edit them.

So, you should not need to create edited non raw versions in LR before importing as you probably would when importing eited raw files from another software. You can test if I am right from a trial version of PSE, but maybe you are already using PSE as an editor from LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Michael for the feedback.  Very helpful.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines