Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

couper un catalogue PSE

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Mon catalogue est énorme et je souhaite le découper en plusieurs catalogues, sans perdre étiquettes et mots clés.

TOPICS
Actions , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Mon catalogue est énorme et je souhaite le découper en plusieurs catalogues, sans perdre étiquettes et mots clés.

By @JM RIEGEL

Mauvaise idée: découper un catalogue ne vous apportera pas le gain espéré et rien n'est prévu dans l'organiseur pour cette raison. C'est uniquement possible avec Lightroom.

Comme c'est une très vieille discussion, voici le lien sur les recommandations de John R Ellis pour un découpage manuel:

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Splitting_and_rearranging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour cette réponse.

La mauvaise idée est qu'Adobe n'ait rien prévu pour la gestion des catalogues !

Remarque : Je viens d'acheter la dernière version, pour 100 euros, et aucune solution n'est proposée, sans possibilité d'avoir un descriptif complet avant l'achat. Les ajouts sont ridicules par rapport à la version 2012 !

Le gain espéré est de pouvoir travailler sur des fichiers moins volumineux (recherche, sauvegarde, ...).

J'ai pu trouver (difficilement) où était stocké le catalogue.

Remarque : que l'on ne puisse choisir le lieu de stockage est un manque évident.

Je l'ai dupliqué et ainsi, je peux retirer les photos selon le catalogue. Un coup d'optimisation devrait permettre de gagner en performance.

Dans ette catégorie de produits et de prix, avoir recours à des procédures manuelles comme en 1980 est un scandale.

Merci de faire remonter aux responsables PSE chez Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing?  And how large is your catalog?  For me, there is very little performance gain in working with a smaller catalog.  I have a catalog with over 220K media files and have no problem finding any file I am looking for in a couple of seconds.  Admittedly, backing up can be a long process, but I simply do that overnight when the computer is not in use. 

And you can store the catalog in any location you desire.  You can even copy the entire catalog folder using Windows Explorer and then navigate to the folder in the File>Manage Catalogs dialog, using the Custom location option.  Alternatively, navigate to the catalog.pse19db file in the custom location and double-click on it.  The catalog will open in the Organizer.

Snap_2021.09.08_18h0m41s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
My catalog contains 35k files, mainly photos.
Response times are extremely long and Organizer does not respond frequently.
The backup time is several hours, but on this point the cause may be the performance of the NAS
I actually copied my catalog and destroyed 30k photos. The size and number of plugs did not vary.
My PC has an Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Disk space: 1 SSD 128 GB, 1 HDD 1TB. The catalog is on the SSD.
I just bought PSE2021, but I don't believe in any performance improvement.
Your help will be useful to me.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that it is the NAS that is causing your perfomance problems.  Adobe does not recommend using a NAS for Organizer storage, and I have never heard of anyone being happy with using one for this purpose.  My only suggestion is that you use an external (or internal) drive to store your Organizer photos.  If you need the NAS to share photos with others, you can use the NAS as a backup or for copies of your shared files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
May be you are right. I thing same.Je suis en train de transférer toutes mes photos sur le DDR du PC. Je vous informerai du résultat.Envoyé de mon téléphone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines