• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create and save a contact sheet file

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a contact sheet of photos for a decoupage project which requires thumnail sized prints. I do not have a good enough printer to print the resulting photos, so will have to take it to a shop to get them printed. So how do i create and save the contact sheet to send to the printer?

TOPICS
Actions , Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

1. Resize and/or crop the individual photos to the desired size.

2. Increase the resolution of each photofile to 240 px/in

3. If you wish to place each photo on a canvas, go to File>new>blank file, enter the dimensions (e.g. 8.5x11"), and resolution 240 px/in. Then, go to File>place and point to each picture file that you have prepared. Position each file on the canvas.

4. Check with the print shop which file format they require.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Resize and/or crop the individual photos to the desired size.

2. Increase the resolution of each photofile to 240 px/in

3. If you wish to place each photo on a canvas, go to File>new>blank file, enter the dimensions (e.g. 8.5x11"), and resolution 240 px/in. Then, go to File>place and point to each picture file that you have prepared. Position each file on the canvas.

4. Check with the print shop which file format they require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to create a contact sheet of photos for a decoupage project which requires thumnail sized prints. I do not have a good enough printer to print the resulting photos, so will have to take it to a shop to get them printed. So how do i create and save the contact sheet to send to the printer?

By @Janet5CC9

Janet,

I think that your problem is that you are using the organizer to print 'contact sheets'. This only applies to printing to a personal printer, not to save the pages in a photo file.

For Windows, the solution is to use a virtual printer instead of a physical one. That virtual printer saves the print in pdf format instead of printing on paper. you get a pdf file which you can send to your local provider. At the end of the printing dialog from the organizer, you choose either the Microsoft 'print to pdf' or the 'Adobe pdf' printer. You specify the name and location for the pdf resulting file. No need to install other free virtual printers available on the web.

I imagine there is a similar option for Mac users.

As suggested by @hatstead, check if your provider is ok with the pdf format which should be the case. You can always open the pdf youself and save it in the required format, probably in jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines