Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create canvas size

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am new to Photoshop Elements, and I have a question, hope some of you have the answer.

I am trying to create some images with uniform canvas size of 1024x1024 and the picture itself should fill 90 % of the canvas size and white is 10% of the canvas size.

Is this possible to do in Photoshop Elements?

See attached from how its done in Photoshop

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done readily in PSE.

1. Open your picture file and crop it to the desired dimensions, or, go to Image>resize>image size and resize it with Resampling & Constrain Proportions checked. Note that for printing it is desirable to have the resolution in the 240-300px/in range.

2. Go to Select>all (CTRL+A) to select  the the entire picture

3. Open a blank layer at the top of the stack of layers and go to Edit>stroke(outline) selection. In the dialog place the stroke inside, select the width of the stroke, and the color of the stroke. (white for your project)

4. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the "marching ants" outline. If you are not happy with the stroke, delete the stroke layer and repeat the drill to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to above, if you have the need to resize several picture files, you can batch process via File menu>Process multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines