• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create new empty folders in PSE2020

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since reinstalling Windows 10 I have lost all the different file names in organizer but their contents are all still in the catalogue. I now need to create folders and move pictures into the newly created folders. Could anyone please tell me how to create new folders and how to enter the correct photos?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Hello Ernie,

You first need to set the Organizer Folder view to View as Tree, then right-click on the main folder where you want to create your new folder. Select New Folder from the right-click menu and name the new folder. After the new folder is created, you can select photos in the grid and drag and drop them in your new folder.

2021-05-30 12_21_06-Adobe Elements 2020 Organizer.png2021-05-30 12_16_41-Adobe Elements 2020 Organizer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ernie,

You first need to set the Organizer Folder view to View as Tree, then right-click on the main folder where you want to create your new folder. Select New Folder from the right-click menu and name the new folder. After the new folder is created, you can select photos in the grid and drag and drop them in your new folder.

2021-05-30 12_21_06-Adobe Elements 2020 Organizer.png2021-05-30 12_16_41-Adobe Elements 2020 Organizer.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ernie,

You write:

Since reinstalling Windows 10 I have lost all the different file names in organizer but their contents are all still in the catalogue.

The catalogue (it's a folder containing the main database and its accessory files) does not contain any copy of your files only links to their real location. So if you only have a copy of the catalog folder, you'll never be able to get your photo files back.

From what you are saying, it looks like you are describing a catalog backup folder made from the organizer. Such a backup folder contains copies of the catalog contents as well as renamed copies of your media files in a 'flat' structure.

If that is the case, what you have to do is do a 'restore' from the organizer catalog manager.

- first check if the possible backup folder contains renamed copies of your media files, starting with "B0...." as well as a file named catalog.buc and a backup.tly file.

- If that is true, the restore process will be able to recover everything including the media folder tree.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read someelses question and I have the same problem. How do I hear the answer even though it is not my question?

Lorraine Kelly
[Personal email removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lorraine,

Click the Follow icon at the bottom of the question you are interested in:

Screenshot 2021-05-30 220804.jpg

Now click your user profile image at the top right of the page and select Account settings. Then under Notifications choose when and how you would like to be notified when someone replies to this question.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lorraine5E8C, a couple of responses have already been provided to the original question posted here.  Given the lack of any detail in the OP, it is unlikely that you have exactly the same problem.  And since you haven't told us whether any of the responses apply to your situation, it is hard to say whether a solution for somebody else will work for you.  I suggest you start your own post and give us more details about how you got into your own problem situation.  We can then tailor an answer for you.  Don't be shy.  We can't help you unless we know exactly what your problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines