• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created logo with transparent background, but background still shows white box

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements within windows and created a logo for our business - I made sure that the image has a transparent background. Saved as both .png and .jpg files and when I open the files in other programs it places the white background behind the logo, how do I get rid of this? I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Attaching random logo that has a transparent background that is having the same issue as the logo I created. Appreciate any insights. 

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Photoshop Elements related queries over at 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

jpg does not support transparency – period. 

How did you create the png? Does Photoshop Elemente even have Save for Web? 

Why don’t you use a format like psd anyway? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chevrolet-logo-23.png

I'm not sure I understand what your problem is.  The file that you attached to your post has a transparent background and when you insert it into a webpage like this post which has a white background, it will appear as intended.  If you add the logo as a layer to an image in Elements, it will have a transparent background and only the logo shows above the image (with no white background).

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.08.07_00h32m50s_002_.png

You say that when you open the file in other programs, a white background is placed behind the logo.  What other programs are you talking about?  Perhaps they cannot display transparency properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also take a look at this thread which gives some more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't save as jpeg.

When saving try:

File >> Save for Web >> PNG24

Check the box for transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines