• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cursor gets stuck on transform handle in Photoshop 22.5.1 Windows only

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESC button to drop accidential transformation doesn't get percieved by the app anymore... 

{Edited the thread title by the moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you elaborate, is it during transform (ctrl+T) or then using the handles? or when pasting a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the handles. The coursor just stick to the object and there's no way to unstick it, only aplly the whatever transformation happened and then undo it, really annoying. 

Another one, PS just couldn't exit selection transformation mode and I had to shut it off from the Task manager, the whole interface got blocked, but the app wasn't showing up as 'Not-responding'. 

The hadles periodically dissapear and I can't see it's it selected, is it still int transform mode?... Just a bunch of manipulation tool glitches... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one. Admin shouldn't have changed the name of the topic. When I see a pile of glitches, I see a pile of glitches. Diffent computer, same situation - fresh Win10 with Fresh CC. Photoshop just can close itself, I have to knock it off out of the task manager... Fuuun...not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD, pardon, it's not working at all... This error comes up just with anything you try PS to make do, not only close it... lol  had uninstall it and get previous version... I'm done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ctrl-. work? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a newerly installed CC on a newrly installed Win 10. There are no presets yet. I've been using PS for 20 years, I know what I'm doing. It's just going down hill... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded a screen record with mouse and keyboard actions registration to show what I mean. Sometimes it actually works fine, but these ara random occasions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, this issue happens with a mouse and not with a pen/wacom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, I do have Wacom, I used mouse to represent most common case and not to steer the blame towards wacom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daria5EAB Thanks for the video.  Trying to reproduce here but haven't been able to.  What else do you have installed or did you install on this new Win10 install?  Do you use/install Wacom?  Do you have gaming/high performance mouse with high polling rate?  

One thing you can try to see if it resolves the issue for you is to go to Preferences > Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas.  Quit Photoshop, relaunch and let me know if the problem still persists.  

Also, in Photoshop, can you go to Help > System Info...,  click Copy, open a text editor, create a new file, paste, save and attach that here please?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will try these as well. I've already switched the GPU off, switched the legacy transformation on to see if it helps... my manipulations with settings didn't work so far. Maybe just wait for another update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daria5EAB  What additional software are you using, specifically the software that shows the mouse in your recording? If you disable that and/or other programs that are running, does that resolve the issue? 

Here are a few other things to try:

Launch Photoshop while holding down the Shift key to disable optional and 3rd party plugins.  Let me know if it still occurs in that instance.

Could you maybe try to start in OS Safe Mode and let me know if it still occurs?  
Links to starting in Safe Mode are list on this page (4th item from the bottom): 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned previously, I've done all this and I'm still encountering sticky transform handles. This situation for me started 3 PS updates ago. 

As you can see by many users here, have reported the same issue. Users have reported this on reddit as well. This issue seems prevelant with Windows 10 users.

I think this would be highly unusual with many having problems with sticky transform handles caused by additional software, even with preferences etc. I noticed this behaviour with Sticky Transform Handles 3 PS updates ago. I just assumed that this would have been fixed by now.

Just to advise, I've been using Photoshop for 21 years so I do know my way around the software. If I've never been able to solve an issue, I've always reported the issue and most times, it turns out to be a bug. Unfortunately my history of helping others in the other Adobe Support Forums, did not follow on to this new Adobe Support Community.

I've had no changes to my System, other than Window Updates, which my PC is up to date.
I've not installed any new software.
I've not installed any new plugins in Photoshop. All my plugins have been in Photoshop for years.

I did re-attach my system info as you requested but had no acknowledgement as yet, so I will repost my system info again. 

My system info also has a wrong Ram allocation, which an Adobe employee says it's a bug and will be addressed in a future PS update. Still waiting. . . . this has been an issue for probably as long as the Sticky Transform Handles.

In my opinion, this Sticky Transform Handle issue is a bug.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this. I tried rolling back, but I still have the same issue. It's been a problem for awhile, I can't remember how many updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quoting user u/jzn110 from Reddit because they explain this bug/issue well.

---

"So I've recently encountered a super annoying issue that I'm assuming is associated with one of the recent updates:

Whenever I click a transform handle to go into transform mode, the object in question then becomes stuck to my cursor until I click it again to release it (I'm not clicking and holding, just clicking the handle once).

This is incredibly frustrating when you're trying to make a specific transformation using the dialog boxes above.

Anyone else experiencing this?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/comments/pbg6ik/sticky_transform_controls/

---

It's extremely bothersome and aggravating, and completely disrupts the workflow.

Running the August 2021 release of Photoshop (version 22.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you getting into "transform mode"?

1. When using the Move Tool, there is the "Show Transform Controls" option within the Options bar running along the top of Photoshop.
  2. There is the Free Transform function which can be launched from the Edit menu or the keyboard shortcut "Command/Control + T"

Does your problem occur using both methods above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested and the problem seems to only occur when using method 1.

I could reproduce the issue most of the time from the following steps:

1. Click on the Move tool

2. Have "Show Transformation Controls" turned on in the top options bar

3. Click on a transform handle from the current layer/image (only click once, don't start dragging yet)

4. Transform handle will get stuck to the cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try what Chad Rolfs suggested ? :

"One thing you can try to see if it resolves the issue for you is to go to Preferences > Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas.  Quit Photoshop, relaunch and let me know if the problem still persists."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue.  Once you click the transform handle, it starts to resize the layer instantly, instead of double-clicking the transform box to resize (previous versions of PS).  

I tried turning on the "Deactivate Native Canvas," shut down photoshop, reopened, and the same thing happens.  Quite frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Can y'all go to Help > System Info...,  click Copy, open a text editor, create a new file, paste, save and attach that here please?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here. That's one of 2 computers I use. The other one, a brand new laptop, had a diffrent issue I had to resolve just by rolling back to the previous version. So I'm going to to here the same thing on this one, but before that, I've copied this info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got same issue with the latest version, cursor just keeps sticking to transform handles. Resetting preferences doesnt solves this, i rolled back to 22.4.3 release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines