• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark prints

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Imac M1 and Epson 3880. Recently mu prints are way too dark and the colors are not matching.

I have tried everything but still having trouble.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

1. Most computer screens are set too bright, and you can try dialing down the screen "bightness" a bit .

2. In editor, you may be able to enhance your picture files with Levels, Bightness/contrast , and Hue/saturation adjustment layers 

3. In Editor, go to Edit>Color settings and check the option to optimize for computer screens. 

4. Go to File>Print and look for More Options> Color Management and select Printer manages colors

5. In Editor, go to Image>mode and check RGB color

6. Go on Amazon.co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Most computer screens are set too bright, and you can try dialing down the screen "bightness" a bit .

2. In editor, you may be able to enhance your picture files with Levels, Bightness/contrast , and Hue/saturation adjustment layers 

3. In Editor, go to Edit>Color settings and check the option to optimize for computer screens. 

4. Go to File>Print and look for More Options> Color Management and select Printer manages colors

5. In Editor, go to Image>mode and check RGB color

6. Go on Amazon.com and search for Monitor Calibration Tools. These are external tools  to optimize your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.  I tried everyone of those tips (for 3 days !) and nothing changed. However, after much research, I found that my Epson printer was not up to date with Mac's OS 12.4 Montery. So I uniunstalled the Epson driver and reinstalled a newer version and now PS recognizes the printer in the workflow window and  my prints look great. It was an easy fix after all. I also spent over an hour on the phone with Adobe and the tech guy was not helpful at all.  Adobe is not a good company when it comes to customer service.  Unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines