Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Darkening a Digital Signature

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I've recently started using the latest version of Adobe Photoshop Elements.  I've figured out how to isolate my digital signature and add it to pictures and whatnot, but what I can't figure out for the life of me is how to darken it, make is a solid color, or change the color.  It looks very grainy, even when I've adjusted the contrast.  If someone has the patience to put up with my ignorance, I would love a little help.  Thanks so much in advance.

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020
1. I am asasuming that the signature is free of the background and surrounded by transparency. You can "darken" it by duplicating the layer several times , and setting the layer blending mode to "darken." Then, flatten the layers. 2. To change the color, press CTRL+ left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name)     Open a solid color adjustment layer above the signature layer and select the new color.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a sample of it:

attachment.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I am asasuming that the signature is free of the background and surrounded by transparency. You can "darken" it by duplicating the layer several times , and setting the layer blending mode to "darken." Then, flatten the layers.

2. To change the color, press CTRL+ left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name)

Open a solid color adjustment layer above the signature layer and select the new color.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines