• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data download - Elements Organizer

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to download data from Photoshop Elements Organizer?  Specifically, want to download file name, file date & file location.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  There is no automatic function to export the information you are requesting, for example, to an Excel spreadsheet.  However, all of the information is stored in a SQLite database file and I am sure you could extract it from there with a database software.

The database file is found in the catalog folder and is named catalog.pseXXdb where XX is the Elements version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  There is no automatic function to export the information you are requesting, for example, to an Excel spreadsheet.  However, all of the information is stored in a SQLite database file and I am sure you could extract it from there with a database software.

The database file is found in the catalog folder and is named catalog.pseXXdb where XX is the Elements version number.

By @Greg_S.

Yes, that looks simple... if you are really proficient with sql database management (I only understand the basics!)

I am now using Database .net as my sqlite browser.

That's what John R Ellis offered to PSE users with its psedbtool software.

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/#_Writing_File_Metadata

Unfortunately, he stopped PSE help and support of his add-ons after PSE8. He is now very active in the Lightroom Classic forum and about metadata management among others.

Note:  I am not sure about the photo location metadata in the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to pull a file through SQL.  Based on your response, it appears that there is no function within Elements Organizer that allows you to download the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Traci27774078n57k, you still haven't told us what your goal is. Perhaps we can offer you some other suggestions if we know what you want to do.  Your question and your latest post suggest that you may not know where to find the basic information you are looking for in the  Organizer.  If that is the case, perhaps you are viewing your photos in the default adaptive view.  However, if you press Ctrl+D, it will take you to the Details view where all of the information is accessible if you have the Information panel open:

Snap_2023.01.02_19h22m23s_006.png

The information can also be accessed in the adaptive view if you have the Information panel open. To do this, there is a toggle button in the lower right of the screen:

Snap_2023.01.02_19h27m20s_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am attempting to get a file for all of my photos (not just a few) with the data mentioned (file name, file date & file location)  that I have loaded in Organizer in order to effectively manage movement of storage locations of some of my photos.  I have a need to do some file clean-up/management due to a computer failure.  Specifically, photos I have stored in two separate locations.  The file I am looking to pull would help me much more efficiently do that clean-up, as I can quickly identify impacted files.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines