• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date range

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A large number of my pictures are scans of analogous originals (prints, negatives). Often, I am unsecure about the precise date of the event depicted in such scans and would like to be able to input a date range in one of the date metadata. Is that possible, or should I put this as a feature request?

Rik

PSE 19.0.0.0 on Win10

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose your goal would be to allow the search engine to use that date range in the metadata.

While it is possible to enter the range in a caption, or add a keyword like 'date range, I don't know where there may be such a field in the metadata.

If that existed, you would need an option in the 'search by detail' to use it...

At most, if you enter such a range into a caption or a keyword, you could search for files having a range info.

If you decide a common format for that range to include in the caption, you can do the search on that substring instead of a search of a date;

Let's say you decide to use the format: [1961-1972] in the caption, a search by details or by caption would do the job. I would use square brackets like this because they are not common in captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines