• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Printer Settings Photoshop Elements Editor

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the default tray in which my printer looks for paper to be the cassette but it is ALWAYS set to Rear Tray which is empty. I have to change it every time I print. How can I reset the default tray to be cassette?

Canon TS 6300 series printer. With all other programs it looks for paper in the cassette where the paper is.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new printer profile in your OS with the cassette as your default.  You can then use that new printer profile as the printer to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my other apps print correctly with a default to the cassette, so it is not the printer that is wrong.

I want to know where I can set the default tray used by PE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mypublic1, the solution I have offered works.  I'm afraid I didn't get back to the OP to walk them through the process.  The fact that other programs may use the correct tray is irrelevant to whether my solution will work.  Elements uses the default settings for the printer.  Other programs may have other settings that are sticky for the one that is chosen in that program.

If Elements once worked correctly but now chooses the wrong tray, then it is worth resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines