• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted photos occurred when using "write metadata to file"

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a casual user of PSE 15 and have recently migrated my catalog to a newer Win 10 laptop. Everything seemed to go well.  Today I was browsing my photos and remembered about manually saving metadata so I started the process and then went to lunch.  When I returned the process was finished an all appeared well.  An hour or so later I opened the recycle bin just to see if I could save some room and there were over 650 photos in there, all with the deleted date/time corresponding to when I saved the metadata!  I was panicked, but when I reopened PSE all the photos still appeared to be there.  I was still not comfortable so I tried to restore the photos but windows said all the photos already existed in the folders and did I want to overwrite them?  What happened?  The deleted photos appear to be duplicates but why are they there?

Thanks for your help,

Ken

PS:my catalog is still on the original computer in it's entirety so I have not lost anything permanently.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the link to the explanation Michel. I can now assume that the new version of every photo in my recycle bin had the metadata lengenthed in some way.  Seems like a complex way to do it but it gets the job done and allows for an "undo" if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines