Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting all folders in Elements 2022 Organizer

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed Elements 2022, along with Elements 2022 Organizer. A little bit prematurely, I imported a lot (multiple dozen) of folders into it. I now realise that I had intended to import folders and their images from a different disc. 

I couldn't see a method of undoing my import, or a means of selecting multiple folder for deletion, so now I am stuck with many items that I hadn't fully prepared to import. Is there any way to 'start again', as I don't really want to individually remove all the folders I don't want?

As I did my imports only yesterday, is it better to delete the entire application? I would appreciate anyone's feedback, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

You can create a new catalog. Go to File>Manage Catalogs.  Once you create a new catalog, you can delete the original one (although it doesn't take up much storage space.).  Uninstalling the program does not remove the catalog. 

And just so we are clear, are you a new user of Elements?  If you have a catalog from a prior version, you can convert it to Elements 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new catalog. Go to File>Manage Catalogs.  Once you create a new catalog, you can delete the original one (although it doesn't take up much storage space.).  Uninstalling the program does not remove the catalog. 

And just so we are clear, are you a new user of Elements?  If you have a catalog from a prior version, you can convert it to Elements 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Greg_S. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines