• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photo from the catalogue in Elements 2023

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I delete photos from the catalouge in Elements they show up in the wastebin in Windows 11 if I then clear the wastebin do I remove the photos from the files on the computer?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Hi @gjmw .  When you delete files from the catalogue, a confirmation box pops up and you are given the option to also delete the files from your hard drive.  If you chose that option, then yes the files will be totally removed from your computer when you clear the wastebin.  

The Organizer only catalogues the files on your hard drive; it does not make copies of them.  So, if for some reason you want to remove files from the catalogue but not from the hard drive, do not check the box to delete fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gjmw .  When you delete files from the catalogue, a confirmation box pops up and you are given the option to also delete the files from your hard drive.  If you chose that option, then yes the files will be totally removed from your computer when you clear the wastebin.  

The Organizer only catalogues the files on your hard drive; it does not make copies of them.  So, if for some reason you want to remove files from the catalogue but not from the hard drive, do not check the box to delete from the hard drive:

Snap_2023.03.01_11h31m39s_001.png

If you kept the box unchecked, and were deleting a lot of files at one time, it is possible that some temorary copies of the files were sent to the wastebin.  If that is the case, there will be no harm in emptying the wastebin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, when I saw all the deleted files in the bin I was worried, when you import files/photos Elements picks up everything, all the pictures you take on your iPhone etc some of which are doc scans and the like, I will be careful to make sure the box is unchecked

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, I think that clarifies it, I am still getting to know Elements, I did do a course some 30 years ago in Photoshop but I am very rusty, but as I am getting on I thought it was about time to sort out my approximate 16000 slides and photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines