Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Demo version has a limited Catalogue?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I have a M1 macmini running Monterey 12.5.1.

All my Pictures , roughly 200K pictures and videos, are stored on a NAS. 

I am trying to evaluate to buy PSE22 to start oranising my library. 

SO I downloaded teh PSE demo version. 

Please note that I already user an older version (maybe PSE18, on a windows system. 

I successfully imported a test "batch" of pictures in the Catalog, around 300 videos. 

But I completely failed to ad the remaining 200K pics to the catalog. The process starts, it tells me that a lot op pictures were imported, many eweree rejected, but in the end in the lower legt corner I always see the usual 300 count. 

What Am I missing?

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you might be asking. 

I am working on a Macmini connected to wthe NAS via smb

Catalog is LOCAL on a shared folder in the local HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you might be asking. 

I am working on a Macmini connected to wthe NAS via smb

Catalog is LOCAL on a shared folder in the local HD.

By @Carlo e Laura260114974rml

I am not a Mac user and I don't store my files on a NAS, so the best I can do is to call your attention to that tech doc targetted at professional Photoshop users:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

What is recommended is to use your NAS as an archiving and backup system but to store your working files on conventional drives. The random risk is not frequent, but the damage is generally dramatic.

On the other hand, wait for comments from expert Mac users to find if the problem is Mac specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no limitation of the trial version except the validity for the license: 30 days max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

I was Just asking because when trying to import pictures from NAS i see PSE scanning all the subfolders, counting the 200K files, and then I see then importing (scrolling thumbnails included). But when the processs finishes and I look at the catalogue I can't see any picture added. I see a few erros on fiules not supported (I am expecting them), but I don't see any new picture. If I import directories one by one instead of importing directly from main folder and including subfolders, I see the import successful. 

Any toughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines